A chat with Sue Monhait of Gift Biz Unwrapped
People Don’t Buy Products – They Buy You!
I always love meeting and talking shop with fellow makers! Recently I sat down with Sue Monhait of the Podcast Gift Biz Unwrapped to share my shop journey and pop up shop experiences.
Listen to the full podcast below:
Business Building Insights
- Action over perfection. Go out and do what you know you want to do. Don’t wait for the perfect time.
- When starting a new business, be honest about whether you really want to do it long term. This should be a deciding factor.
- It’s important for makers to have one specific place where to send customers. In almost all cases, this should be your website.
- Not everyone will be your correct audience. Keep testing different markets and craft shows to find the ones that are right for your product.
- Add more to the experience by making your booth welcoming and inviting, one where people can get comfortable and spend time.
- Be willing to get help when the time comes. If you want to grow, you won’t be able to do it by yourself.
Want to connect with The Creative Biz Unwrapped?